Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Cuban Toasties recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces boiled deli ham slices, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces shredded swiss cheese (3/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices (or 5 slices white sandwich bread, quartered)
- 2 -3 crisp dill pickles, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 500°.
- In a small bowl, combine the ham, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, chili sauce, and mustard.
- Arrange the bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place 2 pickle slices on each bread slice; then spread about 1 tablespoon of the ham mixture on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until gold and bubbly.
- Cool a few minutes before serving.
Addictive little things! I made these for our lunch today and we ate 'em all! Oink! Followed the recipe exactly except chopped the dill pickles and added to the rest of the ingredients. Easy and good!