Recipe by Kaccy G.
I got this recipe from my friend a few states over. I was kind of skeptical because of the combonation looked a little odd to me....BUT OMG! These pork chops are great! Cooking time does not reflect marinating time.
Top Review by Chef Dine
I got this recipe link from a friend (food network Bobby Flay) - I'm glad you already posted it! Now all the work is done for me and it's in my cookbook. My family was leery to say the least. The ingredients seem odd but WOW!!! They work! (except my husband hates pickles so his was pickle less). This is a keeper for sure! I'll post a pic.
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup oregano leaves, coarsely chopped fresh
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 (8 ounce) pork chops, butterflied, pounded thin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices swiss cheese, thick slices
- 8 slices boiled ham, thick slices
- 2 sour dill pickles, thinly sliced (need about 16 slices)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the grill to high.
- In a large baking dish, mix together 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, 3 tablespoons oregano, the garlic, cumin, and canola oil.
- Add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and let marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and pat dry.
- Place the chops on a flat surface, cut-side up and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of ham, a few slices of pickle and another slice of cheese on 1 half of the chop.
- Fold over brush the top with oil and season with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the chops on the grill, oil side down and grill until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the chops over and continue grilling until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Whisk the remaining orange and lime juices, oregano, and the cilantro with the olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon over the chops and serve.