1/1 Photo of Cuban Style Pork Chops
I got this recipe from my friend a few states over. I was kind of skeptical because of the combonation looked a little odd to me....BUT OMG! These pork chops are great! Cooking time does not reflect marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 1/2 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1/3 cup oregano leaves, coarsely chopped fresh
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 (8 ounce) pork chops, butterflied, pounded thin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices swiss cheese, thick slices
- 8 slices boiled ham, thick slices
- 2 sour dill pickles, thinly sliced (need about 16 slices)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Heat the grill to high.
- 2In a large baking dish, mix together 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, 3 tablespoons oregano, the garlic, cumin, and canola oil.
- 3Add the pork and turn to coat.
- 4Cover and let marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- 5Remove the pork from the marinade and pat dry.
- 6Place the chops on a flat surface, cut-side up and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Place 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of ham, a few slices of pickle and another slice of cheese on 1 half of the chop.
- 8Fold over brush the top with oil and season with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 9Place the chops on the grill, oil side down and grill until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 10Flip the chops over and continue grilling until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- 11Whisk the remaining orange and lime juices, oregano, and the cilantro with the olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 12Spoon over the chops and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Style Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.0
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 227.7 mg
- Sodium 1196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 70.6 g