Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from Bon Appetit. i haven't tried this yet.
Top Review by DIryshe
My family had different views on this recipe. We all liked it to some degree; some more than others. I plan to make it again, and do some experimenting with it.The chicken was very moist and tender! The cold pineapple, onion mixture is the part that raised the eyebrows. I think that if the onions and pineapple were sauted and served warm, my family would enjoy it better.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (don't use canned)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop fresh pineapple roughly and mix in a small bowl with green onions, cilantro, lemon juice, and cumin; season to taste with some salt& pepper; cover and chill (can be made 4 hours ahead).
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken with some salt& pepper and some cinnamon to taste.
- Saute chicken in oil about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through and no longer pink inside- but still moist.
- Spoon pineapple mixture over each serving and serve immediately.
- If you prefer, you may instead grill chicken.