2 hrs 40 mins
chef 1018770's Note:
Marinade using drumsticks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic, orange juice, lime juice, and onion slices in a large ziploc bag.
- 2Seal bag and shake well.
- 3Add chicken, seal, shake well, and refrigerate for 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry.
- 5Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Add chicken and brown on all sides, turning frequently. (About 10 minutes total.).
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet and cook chicken an additional 10 minutes.
- 8Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- 9Pour marinade with onions into the same skillet and increase the heat to medium.
- 10When sauce simmers, then return the chicken to the pan along with juices collected on the plate.
- 11Cover skillet, reduce heat to very low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Style Braised Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 559.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 28.7 g