3 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is very close to another posted here, with a few exceptions. I love the black beans and rice I get when we eat at the local Cuban restaurant. This sounds to be pretty close.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the black beans and the 4 cups of water in a large stockpot.
- 2Cover and let boil for 2 minute.
- 3Turn off the heat and let stand, covered, for 1 hour.
- 4Remove the lid, and add the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT the vinegar, salt and pepper. There should be enough liquid (chicken stock and water) to just cover the beans. If needed add more of either liquid to cover.
- 5Cover and simmer until the beans are tender, about 2 hours.
- 6Take out the hocks and remove the meat from the bones and fat.
- 7Return the meat to the pot; discard fat and bones.
- 8Add the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 9Simmer long enough to heat the vinegar throught the beans.
- 10Serve over white rice.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban-Style Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 292.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 42.3 g