Recipe by jovigirl
I got this recipe from my mom. I'm not sure where she got it, but growing up in Miami, I didn't really question it. Its very hearty and filling and the flavor is just so unique! I really like it (hot or cold the next day lol!) (cooking time includes cooking beef if needed and the simmering time)
Top Review by Rita~
Wow! When I came home to the aroma it was fabulous! And tasted just as good. A must make for all! For the meat I used the pork from my left over Sweet and Spicy Dry Rub on Ribs or Salmon recipe #66475. I really didn't measure anything. I know the chorizo I used less of. I started this stove top then finished in the slow cooker just so I can do errands.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shredded beef (leftover roast or cooked beef cubes shredded)
- 4 chorizo sausages, sliced into rounds (the ones I buy are about 8 inches long each - we like a lot - you can always use less)
- 3⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon cumin, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, undrained (garbanzo beans)
- 4 medium idaho potatoes, cubed
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If using beef cubes, boil beef cubes for 1 1/2 hours.
- Shred beef and save.
- Saute onions, peppers and chorizo in oil until vegetables are translucent.
- Add the garbanzo beans with the juice from the can, the tomato sauce, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, potatoes and shredded beef and simmer covered for about an hour and a half- I like the potatoes to be very soft- cook to your preferred doneness.