Recipe by keth
Authentic yellow rice, Cuban style, with a little bit of DH's spicy flair, without worrying about the cost of saffron. This is a must in our house. Its fast, simple, so yummy, even the kids love it. I usually have to double recipe so I can bring leftovers to work. Goes great with our Cuban chuck eye steak and Chimichurri topping, or even a marinated chicken dish.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons adobo seasoning (with or without pepper)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet sazon con azafran seasoning (sold 6 to a box, individual packets have no weight on them, so I'm guessing, available in your Hispa)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all in the rice cooker. Takes about 20 minutes, depending on your cooker. You can adjust seasonings more or less, for your taste.
- Stove top: Combine all except rice in a saucepan, bring to boil. Add rice and cover. Reduce heat to low, cook about 20-25 minutes. Sit 5 minutes, fluff with fork. (Your basic rice cooking instructions).