Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is courtesy of my Mother-in-law. It's the easiest, most delicious crock pot recipe ever. Normally I shy away from canned ingredients, but the sofrito has so much flavor, it really doesn't need anything else. I serve the chops with a side of brown rice.
- 6 center-cut pork chops, bone-in
- 1 (12 ounce) jar sofrito sauce, Goya
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- Layer the pork chops in a crock pot.
- Combine sofrito, tomato sauce and water in a bowl. Pour over the chops.
- Set the crock pot for 6 hours on the low setting.
- Add the olives to the sauce before serving.
This was a great recipe. Used 4 thick bone-in chops. I seared the chops first before cooking. They came out so tender and flavorful. Served with yellow rice and green beans. I will be making this one again.
This was very good and also very easy. The only issue we had with this was the tomato sauce. I think the next time I make this, I will only use 8 ounces of tomato sauce. I served it with yellow rice and black beans.
I made this because I had the ingredients in my house. I used 8 thin bone-in chops. I only used 8 oz of tomato sauce because I felt it would be enough. I omitted the olives because of my kids. My kids ate it! It's a miracle! I enjoyed it as well and I also enjoyed that it took less than 2 minutes to prepare. It would probably be good with rice but the little gremlins wanted mashed potatoes and corn.