Recipe by Rita~
Yum! Served with Chimichurri Sauce, Smoking Salsa, fresh avocado slices, sliced lettuce, grilled scallions, or grilled onions, roasted peppers wrapped in tortillas. If you can't find the sour orange juice squeeze the juice of a lime into one cup and then top with OJ to equal 1 cup of the mixture.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1 cup sour orange juice (Mixed OJ and lime juice can be subbed)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄4 lbs skirt steaks, each halved crosswise (2 steaks)
- grilled scallion
- grilled bell pepper
- avocado, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade ingredients together. Pour into a a large zip-lock bag. Place steak in the bad and seal bag, chilled, at least 6 hours.
- Bring steak to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- While steak comes to room temperature, prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 1 to 2 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderately high.
- Grill steak on lightly oiled grill rack, uncovered, turning over once, 6-8 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices.