1/2 Photos of Cuban Skirt Steak
Yum! Served with Chimichurri Sauce, Smoking Salsa, fresh avocado slices, sliced lettuce, grilled scallions, or grilled onions, roasted peppers wrapped in tortillas. If you can't find the sour orange juice squeeze the juice of a lime into one cup and then top with OJ to equal 1 cup of the mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1 cup sour orange juice (Mixed OJ and lime juice can be subbed)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/4 lbs skirt steaks, each halved crosswise (2 steaks)
- 1Mix marinade ingredients together. Pour into a a large zip-lock bag. Place steak in the bad and seal bag, chilled, at least 6 hours.
- 2Bring steak to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 3While steak comes to room temperature, prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 1 to 2 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderately high.
- 4Grill steak on lightly oiled grill rack, uncovered, turning over once, 6-8 minutes total for medium-rare.
- 5Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Skirt Steak
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.7
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 150.4 mg
- Sodium 636.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 69.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo