Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe for Cuban Sangria that I first had at a pool party in the Little Havana area of Miami. It was made by the host in a large cooler and dipped out during a BBQ and party. It was the best Sangria I have ever had and my wife and I have made it several times since to serve with rave reviews. BEWARE! It is a strong drink and in the summer sun it will creep up on you as it goes down so refreshing.
- Wash and cut the fruit into small chunks.
- You do not need to peel the fruit, just wash and chunk.
- Place the cut fruit pieces into a large cooler (we buy the Styrofoam disposable coolers with the lid).
- Pour the full contents of the red wine and rum over the fresh fruit, mixing and stirring.
- Cover the cooler and let sit for at least 24 hours in a dark cool place.
- (This is the hard part.).
- Serve the mixture by spooning out with a ladle into cups with the fruit and liquid.
- Can be poured over ice, but is equally as good straight from the cooler.