24 hrs 30 mins
Kenneth Davidson's Note:
This is a recipe for Cuban Sangria that I first had at a pool party in the Little Havana area of Miami. It was made by the host in a large cooler and dipped out during a BBQ and party. It was the best Sangria I have ever had and my wife and I have made it several times since to serve with rave reviews. BEWARE! It is a strong drink and in the summer sun it will creep up on you as it goes down so refreshing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and cut the fruit into small chunks.
- 2You do not need to peel the fruit, just wash and chunk.
- 3Place the cut fruit pieces into a large cooler (we buy the Styrofoam disposable coolers with the lid).
- 4Pour the full contents of the red wine and rum over the fresh fruit, mixing and stirring.
- 5Cover the cooler and let sit for at least 24 hours in a dark cool place.
- 6(This is the hard part.).
- 7Serve the mixture by spooning out with a ladle into cups with the fruit and liquid.
- 8Can be poured over ice, but is equally as good straight from the cooler.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Sangria
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: