Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A classic Cuban sandwich with baked ham, pork, whole-grain mustard and pickles. The new twist... Fresh Chavrie Goat Cheese!
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 lb baked ham, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb roast pork, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) package , chavrie goat log quartered lenghtwise
- 8 dill pickle slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slice the rolls horizontally in half, leaving 1 edge intact.
- Lay the bread open and spread each side with the mustard.
- Divide the ingredients evenly among the slices of roll.
- On a flat surface layer the ham, pork and cheese for each sandwich.
- Roll the sliced meat around the cheese and place in the open roll.
- Add 2 slices of pickles.
- Heat your panini maker or sandwich press.
- Drizzle each sandwich with olive oil.
- Place the sandwiches inside, press down and grill until the cheese is melted and the bread is flat and browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I never thought of using goat cheese for these but it was fantastic. Thanks for the idea to add a new ingredient to an old favorite!