1/7 Photos of Cuban Sandwich - a Tampa Classic!
Amy - Ellie's Mommie's Note:
This recipe is from the "Tampa Treasures" cookbook by the Junior League of Tampa. Make sure you use Cuban style roast pork! Also makes a great game day sandwich when cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut Cuban bread into 6 8-inch pieces.
- 2Split bread lengthwise.
- 3Spread mustard on six halves of the bread.
- 4Spread mayonnaise on the other six halves of the bread.
- 5Layer ham, pork, Swiss cheese, and salami on the mustard halves of the bread.
- 6Layer pickles on top of salami; top with mayo halves of bread.
- 7Can be eaten cold, but tastes better "hot pressed".
- 8To press: Heat a counter top grill (like a George Foreman grill) and place sandwich between the plates.
- 9Press down hard on the sandwich, squeezing the halves together tightly.
- 10Grill until the bread is toasted to a light brown on the outside and the cheese is melted.
- 11Alternate method: Heat a heavy pan on top of the stove on medium heat.
- 12Place sandwich in pan and press down with another heavy object (a brick wrapped in foil is good).
- 13Toast sandwich until light brown on one side, then turn over.
- 14Replace brick on toasted side.
- 15Serve with potato chips and a cold soda.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Sandwich - a Tampa Classic!
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 556.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: