Tasty Cuban Ropa Vieja...enjoy!
Make and share this Cuban Ropa Vieja... so Good! recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer beef to a slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar. Stir until well blended. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for up to 10 hours. When ready to serve, shred meat and serve with tortillas or rice.
Tender flavorful and hearty!
I served over Yellow Rice - Arroz Amarillo Con Achiote
The only changes I made was double the recipe and used chicken broth. I also did cut the meat across the grain so the strands wouldn't be to long.
This was my first time making Ropa Vieja and my family absolutely loved it! This recipe is easy to follow and the ingredients are easy to find at the grocery store. I will be making this again very soon.