Recipe by dicentra
"Old Clothes" From Woman's Day. Serve this with tortillas and black beans & rice.
Top Review by Just Nora
This was delicious. Like Chef #798119, I used bell pepper instead of cubanelle. Served over yellow rice tossed with peas. Top with more capers if you are not a chopped green olive fan. Delicious!
- 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks
- 1⁄3 cup pimento stuffed olive, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except steak, alcaparrado and cilantro in a 3½-qt or larger slow-cooker. Top with steak; turn steak over to coat with mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until steak is very tender. Transfer steak to a cutting board.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Tear steak in shreds using the two-forks method. Return shreds to cooker; stir in olives and chopped cilantro and serve.