This is great shredded beef served on tortillas or over rice. Add sour cream, cheese, and fresh cilantro on the side. This recipe is from All Recipes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into stripes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar.
- Stir until well blendedl.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for up to 10 hours.
- When ready to serve, shred meat, and serve with tortillas or rice.
Just like I remembered frm Childhood!
This dish is delicious!!! Made it for dinner tonight. My meat and potatoes husband loved it! Served it with most excellent mexican rice and pico de gallo on the side. This one is a keeper. Thanks for the great recipe.
Great crockpot recipe! We found this to be great as is, wrapped in a tortilla, or even served over rice! Thank you for posting a very simple, easy dish that everyone from my 18 month old all the way up to the adults could enjoy! I didn't find this dish spicy at all which is great because I can't stand spicy hot things. Made for ZWT5.