This is great shredded beef served on tortillas or over rice. Add sour cream, cheese, and fresh cilantro on the side. This recipe is from All Recipes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into stripes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar.
- Stir until well blendedl.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for up to 10 hours.
- When ready to serve, shred meat, and serve with tortillas or rice.