Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
- 4 ounces ham, smoked,chopped fine
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped fine
- 8 ounces onions, minced
- 1 ounce capers, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ounces green olives, coarse chop
- 1 tablespoon green chili, minced
- 3 lbs beef eye round
- 1 salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces bacon fat
- 8 ounces stock
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients to make a stuffing.
- Make an incision 1 1/2" to 2" deep along the length of the roast.
- Stuff the stuffing into the incision.
- Salt and pepper the roast.
- Brown the roast on all sides in bacon fat in a large heavy casserole Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Check once or twice to make sure that the liquid is not boiling away.
- Add water or unsalted stock as necessary.
I like roasts that have ingredients cooked inside, so I really liked this one. It was very flavorful.
This was GOOD! I used jalapenos instead of plain green chiles (although the green chiles would have been good, too), and added some garlic. I basted it a couple of times while it was cooking. You can cook it in a roasting bag and it'll come out really tender, juicy, and flavorful, too.
this should rightly be called boliche.