This recipe came from a friend of mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon over medium heat in 10 inch pan for 8-10 minutes.
- 2Remove bacon from pan (reserve 1 teaspoon bacon pan drippings).
- 3Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 4In the same skillet as you cooked the bacon, add green pepper and onion to bacon drippings.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Stir in crumbled bacon, beans, tomatoes, and thyme.
- 7Continue cooking until liquid is reduced and sauce thickens (10-15 minutes) Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions for 4 servings.
- 8Serve black bean mixture over rice.
- 9Makes 4 servings of 1/2 cup each.
- 10Adjust amounts of each ingredient as necessary to make more for functions and the like.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Rice and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 419.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g