Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This was a huge hit at our wedding. It went terrifically well with the whole roast pig we did ;-)!
Make and share this Cuban Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes or 2 lbs small yellow potatoes
- 3⁄4 lb thick sliced bacon, fried crisp and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced red onions
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup good quality green olives, chopped (with pimentos is okay, just good quality)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons habanero sauce
- Peel (or not) the potatoes and boil with a good bit of salt.
- Drain and then cube when cool.
- Add salad ingredients to potatoes.
- Mix Dressing ingredients and then toss with salad ingredients& potatoes.
- Best if let to set overnight in the refrigerator, but let sit on counter 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to be most apparent.
Yegads, this is a great salad. I did decrease the habanero sauce by about 1/2 and added some seasoned salt. Love all the good "stuff" that goes into the salad as it makes it extra tasty.
Living in Idaho and having no idea as to what Cuban cuisine should taste like,This recipe was a great hit. We do a weekly poker evening and have a suprise cuisine night once a month. I served this along with cuban sandwichs and had an instant hit. This will definately be in the front of my recipe box from now on.
Perfect. I made it as a side for my chicharrones de pollo - todo esta bien!!! It totally complimented the chicken and the broccoli I served with it. The dijon mustard and habanero sauce gave it a kick to distinguish it from regular potato salad....I will definitely make this again. Thanks, so much, Gay Gilmore.