Recipe by Gay Gilmore
This was a huge hit at our wedding. It went terrifically well with the whole roast pig we did ;-)!
Top Review by Emm C.
This recipe is very similar to one I used as food catering manager as well as in our on premises coffe shop. Could not make enough! Customers special ordered it for catering functions. It requires patience while constructing but is well worth the effort. One thing I would advise: use quality ingredients which will elevate the taste. I shopped at Costco.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes or 2 lbs small yellow potatoes
- 3⁄4 lb thick sliced bacon, fried crisp and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced red onions
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup good quality green olives, chopped (with pimentos is okay, just good quality)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons habanero sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel (or not) the potatoes and boil with a good bit of salt.
- Drain and then cube when cool.
- Add salad ingredients to potatoes.
- Mix Dressing ingredients and then toss with salad ingredients& potatoes.
- Best if let to set overnight in the refrigerator, but let sit on counter 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to be most apparent.