This was a huge hit at our wedding. It went terrifically well with the whole roast pig we did ;-)!
Make and share this Cuban Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes or 2 lbs small yellow potatoes
- 3⁄4 lb thick sliced bacon, fried crisp and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced red onions
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup good quality green olives, chopped (with pimentos is okay, just good quality)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons habanero sauce
- Peel (or not) the potatoes and boil with a good bit of salt.
- Drain and then cube when cool.
- Add salad ingredients to potatoes.
- Mix Dressing ingredients and then toss with salad ingredients& potatoes.
- Best if let to set overnight in the refrigerator, but let sit on counter 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to be most apparent.