Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This potato salad is a little out of the ordinary, but so good.
- 1 lb small red potato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 cups black beans, cooked
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh chives, thinly sliced
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 10 minutes; drain, then combine with black beans in a small bowl. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine green onions, sour cream and lemon juice; puree until smooth; add salt, pepper and mayonnaise.
- Blend until combined; pour over potatoes and beans.
- Toss until well coated; garnish with chives.
This was fantastic, and exceeded all my expectations! I don't know how I missed this during ZWT5, but I wish I hadn't, because I could have been enjoying this for months. I did steam the potatoes in the microwave, and I added a full teaspoon of salt. The flavors really melded together nicely, and it was a big hit with family and friends. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
This was really WOW!!! Made it last night for lunch today and is it ever good!! I left out the salt...matter of preference. Will make this again throughout the summer. I tried a bit yesterday and it was good...but leaving it meld overnight made it BOMB!!! The kids scarfed it up! Thanks for posting! Made and reviewed for Zaar Chow Hounds ZWT5.