Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Simple crock pot dinner.
- 2 lbs lean pork loin
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- Cut pork into 1" cubes, sweet potatoes in 1/2" cubes, slice scallions thin, and mince garlic.
- Add all to large crock pot and cook on low for seven hours.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro; cover slow cooker and cook for 5 minutes more. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving (including some cooking liquid.).
This was so delicious! I added a can of black beans. Really good on a cold night.
I was surprised to find out how much I liked this because the combiantion seemed so strange. It's really, really good and really hearty for the 5 ww points! I used extra garlic and added some chili powder, which gave it a little more spice.