8 hrs 10 mins
I just received this recipe from a good friend and cannot wait to make it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) boneless pork butt or 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) pork shoulder blade roast
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 loaves ciabatta (12 oz each)
- lettuce leaf
- 1Spray 4-5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- 2Place onions in slow cooker.
- 3In small bowl, mix dried minced garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the margarita mix to form a paste.
- 4Pat mixture on top and sides of roast. (If roast comes tied or in netting, remove before rubbing with spice mixture.).
- 5Place roast on onions. Pour remaining margarita mix around roast.
- 6Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 7Remove pork; when cool enough to handle, shred with 2 forks. Return meat to slow cooker; stir in 1/2 cup cilantro.
- 8In small bowl, mix Cilantro Lime mayo ingredients.
- 9Slice each loaf of ciabatta bread in half horizontally. With slotted spoon, spoon pork mixture onto bottom halves of bread.
- 10Top each with 3-4 lettuce leaves. Spread about 1/2 cup of the mayo mixture on top halves of bread; place over lettuce.
- 11Cut into slices. Discard liquid in slow cooker.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Pork Sandwiches W/Cilantro-Lime Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 435.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen margarita mix