1/5 Photos of Cuban Pork Sandwiches
1 hr 15 mins
Recipe is from Taste of Home and is being posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1For the relish, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the onion and water to a boil.
- 2Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently; drain.
- 3Transfer to a bowl; add roasted peppers, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and cumin.
- 4Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour; remove and discard the garlic.
- 5Cover and place in refrigerator.
- 6To make the sandwiches, mash the minced garlic, cumin and salt.
- 7Rub over the tenderloin; place in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 35-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- 8Allow to stand for 10 minutes; slice thin.
- 9Over medium heat, heat the oil in a large skillet.
- 10Top four slices of bread with pork, add the desired amount of relish and 2 slices of cheese; top with remaining bread.
- 11Cook the sandwiches for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 12The yield is 4 sandwiches and 2 cups of relish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Pork Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.7
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 125.3 mg
- Sodium 1268.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 55.4 g