From a griling web site these are awesome! I love the fact that they are done on the grilland that a pork loin is something I aways have in the freezer. Cuban sandwiches feature a distinctive combination of marinated pork, ham, Swiss cheese, and dill pickles. Slice them in halves or quarters and arrange on a platter for great party fare. Char the buns on both sides for a "Media Noche" (midnight) version of this Cuban classic. We dont care for the charred buns but to each his own......prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemonade
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (2 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 French rolls
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- 24 dill pickle slices
- 1To make the marinade: In a medium bowl whisk together the first seven (marinade)ingredients.
- 2Trim the pork loin of any excess fat.
- 3Place the roast in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
- 4Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- 5Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- 6Remove the roast from the bag and discard the marinade.
- 7Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- 8Pat dry with paper towels and season with the salt and pepper.
- 9Sear the roast over Direct Medium heat until well marked, about 10 minutes, turning once.
- 10Continue grilling over Indirect Medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 155?F, 35 to 45 minutes.
- 11Transfer the roast to a carving board and loosely cover with foil.
- 12Allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- 13Slice crosswise as thinly as possible.
- 14Just before serving, split the rolls, spread the inside of each roll with 1 tablespoon butter, and grill them, cut side down, over Direct Medium heat until toasted, about 30 seconds.
- 15Layer each roll with Swiss cheese, ham, pickle slices, and sliced pork loin.
- 16Finally, flatten the sandwiches on a cutting board with the palm of your hand and then grill them over Direct Medium heat for 30 seconds.
- 17Turn the sandwiches and press down firmly a second time (with a metal spatula) and grill for 30 seconds more.
- 18Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Pork Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.0
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 144.8 mg
- Sodium 997.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 40.3 g