Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Tender and flavorful.
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the first 7 ingredients; blend.
- Pour HALF of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the roast, refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Place the the roast in a 13x9 baking dish; Pour reserved marinade over the roast.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, uncover; Baste with pan drippings.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Let roast stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Caribbean cuisine, 2 c. citrus juice and 10 cloves of garlic -- had to try it! :-) And glad I did. Made it for DH last night, who is Latin, and he really enjoyed it too. I cut the cumin in half (though I love the spice, for me, a little cumin goes a long way) and also added some red pepper flakes. As promised, it was tender and flavorful. I'll definitely make this again -- and I'll likely try it with a pot roast (probably would marinate beef longer, though). A question -- I used the reserved marinade for cooking, but I also used the marinade from the bag. I figured it was going to get cooked anyway, so it was safe; maybe someone can comment why this is/isn't a good idea. Thanks again for a keeper!