Recipe by Maine-iac
Mojo (pronounced moe-hoe)is Cuba's national table sauce. Serve pork chops with black beans and white rice.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Maine-iac, this was such a wonderful recipe. Simplicity itself that cannot be improved on. I loved the marinade with cumin (a staple in my house). Easy to make and easier to eat. My family really enjoyed this dish. You can bet I will be making this one again. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 thick pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cumin, and oregano, cook 1 minute.
- Quickly add lime juice, and bring to boil until slightly thickened.
- Add salt and pepper, set aside to cool.
- Place pork chops in shallow bowl, cover with sauce, coating chops.
- Marinate for 1 hour in fridge.
- Grill or broil chops until well done, and reheat remaining sauce.
- Transfer chops to plate and pour sauce over chops.