Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from January 2006 Southern Living
Make and share this Cuban Mojo Chicken With Mandarin-Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Mandarin-Black Bean Salad
- 2 cups mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup jicama, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons seeded minced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 7 ingredients in zip-lock bag, add chicken, seal, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken, reserving marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean. Add reserved marinade and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Cut cooked chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Spoon Mandarin-Black Bean Salad in center of 4 serving plates. Arrange chicken slices around salad, and drizzle chicken evenly with warm marinade.
- Mandarin-Black Bean Salad:.
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand until ready to serve, tossing occasionally.
I was looking for a way to use some oranges and some jicama, but I didn't have tomatoes so this was a great recipe to try. This was very tasty! I used regular navel oranges (fresh from our tree) instead of the canned mandarins. I also subbed cilantro (coriander) for the mint, as that was what I had on hand. Hubby enjoyed the salad a lot. The chicken was very tasty. The marinade would be good for fajitas, as well. I forgot to use the leftover marinade as a sauce, which would've been extra good.