Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Refered to as Cuba's barbecue sauce, it's more of a garlic/cumin vinaigrette flavored with sour orange juice that is splashed on just about everything-it is delish! If you have a sour orange source-lucky you! If not see the note at the end of the recipe instructions for another option. If you hate cilantro use flat leaf parsley.
- In a medium or large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until JUST light brown.
- Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sour orange juice, water, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat mixture on high until a full, rolling boil is reached.
- Boil for 2 minutes stirring a few times.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to come to room temperature.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Pour into a jar or shaker bottle with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake well before using.
- If sour oranges are not available use 1/2 cup fresh lime juice plus 3 tablespoons fresh navel orange juice, or other tart orange.