Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rum-based alcoholic drink. Original recipe from La Bodeguita del Medio in Havana, Cuba as stated on TasteofCuba.com (http://www.tasteofcuba.com/mojito.html). Very tasty and refreshing...maybe a little more rum, but that's just me! I used about a tablespoon of simple syrup instead of powdered sugar.
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 lime, juice of (2 ounces)
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 sprig mint
- havana club white rum (2 ounces)
- 2 ounces club soda
- Place the mint leaves into a long mojito glass (often called a "collins" glass) and squeeze the juice from a cut lime over it. You'll want about two ounces of lime juice, so it may not require all of the juice from a single lime.
- Add the powdered sugar, then gently smash the mint into the lime juice and sugar with a muddler (a long wooden device *pictured on the website*, though you can also use the back of a fork or spoon if one isn't available).
- Add ice (preferably crushed) then add the rum and stir, and top off with the club soda (you can also stir the club soda in as per your taste). Garnish with a mint sprig.
just like i remembered them...tfs
Super refreshing drink. I can easily drink this all Spring and Summer. Thanks for sharing Cali!
This is very yummy. I used equal part of lime juice and rum. Thanks Cali :)