- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 1 cup soda water
- 2 pieces fresh sugar cane, stalks (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lime, sugar, and mint in a martini shaker or wide glass. Use a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon to smash and crush everything together to release the oils and juice.
- When there is a good amount of juice and the sugar begins to dissolve, add the rum and stir to combine.
- Fill two glasses with ice, divide the mixture between glasses, and top off with some soda water. Garnish with a couple of mint leaves and sugar cane stalks.