Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great drink that is the perfect balance between tart and sweet.
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 1 cup soda water
- 2 pieces fresh sugar cane, stalks (optional)
- Combine the lime, sugar, and mint in a martini shaker or wide glass. Use a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon to smash and crush everything together to release the oils and juice.
- When there is a good amount of juice and the sugar begins to dissolve, add the rum and stir to combine.
- Fill two glasses with ice, divide the mixture between glasses, and top off with some soda water. Garnish with a couple of mint leaves and sugar cane stalks.
Based on the other review, I doubled the recipe except the sugar. It came out just right. Thanks for sharing. Prepared for ZWT5 Team Jammin Java Jivers.
This is a great drink! I made it for ZWT 5. I used less sugar than called for, probably about a total of 1/4 cup and had no sugar cane stalks.