Recipe by Dib's
I love grilled lobster, and I love chipotle's. This recipe combines both quite nicely!
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I've been using your recipe for a few years now, and whenever DH asks for lobster tails, this is what he's talking about. I don't have an outdoor grill, so I just de-spine the tails and slice them down the middle so I can flatten them out a bit for more even cooking, and then I grill them on my Cuisinart tabletop grill. They're spicy, but the orange and chipotle is fabulous in this! This is actually what's on the menu for our NYE dinner tonight. Thanks for posting, and sorry for not remembering to post a review until now!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 5 1⁄2 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium lobster tails, in shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Grill.
- In a blender combine the lemon juice, orange juice, orange zest, chipotle and adodo sauce, brown sugar and salt.
- Puree until smooth.
- With motor running slowly add oil.
- Puree for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Take a sharp knife and cut lobster tails in half lengthwise.
- Brush sauce on meat.
- Place meat-side down on grill.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn tails meat side up.
- Drizzle remaining sauce on meat.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until meat is opaque.