Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of the easiest appetizer recipes EVER, yet so tasty I am asked to make them over and over! The filling can be made a day ahead, which is really helpful during the busy holiday season. They are fine served room temperature or warm, are great for breakfast the next day, or with a salad for lunch or brunch!
- Buy the large, thick ham steak with the bone in and dice, removing the bone and fat. Finely dice the onion & peppers.
- Heat oil in large skillet and start to saute ham. then add onions and peppers and cook till softened. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Let filling cool, then put a spoonful on the short end of each crescent, then roll to seal. Bake according to roll pkg directions.
- Melt jam in microwave till spreadable. Brush on rolls during the last 3-4 minutes.
- Any laftover filling can be used in scambled eggs or tossed into hot pasta.
Yum! This was a hit with my family and some guests... I loved he apricot jam touch, but my husband prefers it without. Very good either way. We enjoyed this with scrambled eggs for a breafkast dinner. Thank you for the recipe.
this was very tasty! I used a slice from a large ham and proceeded from there. I made half with the jam topping and the other half with a chutney topping and both were popular with my husband and the guests. Good instructions, easy to make. Thanks TB, BB