My family enjoys this.
Make and share this Cuban Ground Beef Hash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat and drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, raisins, olives, vinegar, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add peas, cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
This was a colorful filling meal. I used yellow bell pepper as I was out of green. I enjoyed biting into a slice of olive and getting that salty taste. The peas gave the dish that little crunch while brightening up your plate. Made during * Zaar World Tour 5* 2009 game for team *Genies of Gourmet*