Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Well....surprise, surprise. And you will be!
Make and share this Cuban Grilled Corn With Cotija Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ears corn
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated Cotija cheese (or parmesan)
- chili powder
- cayenne (optional)
- Mix together the sour cream and mayonnaise in a small bowl; set aside.
- Grill ears of corn over medium flame until kernels begin to char, 5-10 minutes. Apply sour cream/mayonnaise mixture liberally to hot corn.
- Place the grated Cotija cheese and salt in a shallow dish. Roll the corn in the cheese/salt mixture until it is well covered.
- Sprinkle the corn lightly with chili powder and cayenne for extra heat!
- Serve with slices of lime.
Awesome corn! First time that I've used Cojita cheese at home - love it in the restaurants. The corn was really flavorful and fun to eat. Thanks GailAnn for another winner. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.
Wow this corn is crazy good! This was our first experience with cotija cheese and we really liked it. The sour cream/mayo mix melted right into the hot corn and was a great background for the cheese. We used ground chipotle pepper for chili powder and heat all in one. Fantastic - thanks for sharing the recipe!