Recipe by Mrs.Jack
This dish is fast and easy and the addition of the lime juice is a delightful change for green beans-very refreshing! From 3 Guys from Miami. Enjoy!!!
Top Review by Annie H.
Simply delicious! I was very pleasantly surprised at how well the lime went with the green beans. After cooking the bacon, I sauteed the onion and garlic with some bacon grease along with the evoo in a separate pan. Cook green beans until just tender crisp. This recipe tastes light and crisp. Loved it!
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham or 1⁄2 cup bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, place the green beans in boiling, salted water. Cook, uncovered, until fully cooked, about 6 minutes. If you like your beans w/ a little crunch, cook 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil until the onions begin to get limp. Add garlic and ham or bacon and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in fresh lime juice.
- Pour sauce over cooked green beans and toss to coat evenly. Season w/ salt pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh cilantro on top and serve.