Recipe by Miss Texas
This is a little rendition to my momma's recipe. Im cuban and my boyfriend is greek so i have found a way to master both taste required to love this dish.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag long grain rice
- 7 -10 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
For the Cuban mixture
- 2⁄3 cup mojo spice, its a carribean seasoning your can find in any culture store
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
For the Greek mixture
- 1 cup Greek salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- boil whole chicken in a pan with water, while boiling chop onions and celery.
- after you be bone the chicken keep 3/4 of the original chicked juice, to that add your bouillon cubes(if you like for it to be more soupy keep all the juice).
- then add 3/4 of the bag of rice.
- add onion and celery.
- bring to boil until rice is cooked, season to taste and enjoy.