Recipe by WiGal
Posted for ZWT5 for safekeeping . Serve with rice or egg noodles, a salad, and crusty bread. If you want more heat, feel free to add a pepper of some sort.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork roast, cubed in bite size pieces
- 1 lb onion, diced
- 1 lb plantain, peeled and diced
- 1 cup zucchini, optional-chunked
- 3 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork on all sides.
- Mix in the onions, and cook and stir until tender.
- Mix the bananas, zucchini if using, tomatoes with juice, cumin, oregano, and bay leaf into the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is very tender.
- Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.