Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
What could be better in the summer time? Cook time is chill time.
Make and share this Cuban Gazpacho recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 green pepper, seeded
- 1 red pepper, seeded
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 large red ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 loaf Cuban bread
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- 1 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- red onion, diced
- green pepper, seeded and diced
- red pepper, seeded and diced
- cilantro, chopped
- green olives
- black olives
- avocado, diced
- Cut the vegetables in chunks. If you like, you can skin the tomatoes but it isn't necessary.
- Process all the vegetables in a blender in small batches with tomato juice and olive oil until you have a thick puree. Add tomato juice and oil with every batch to provide plenty of liquid.
- For the last batch, soak bread in warm water, squeeze out excess water, add the bread and blend well.
- Pour it all into a bowl or, like I do, a pitcher and add the vinegar and lime juice.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator until very cold.
- Just before serving, garnish with all or any combination of the listed garnishes if you wish. The Italian in me likes a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.