Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a very popular sauce used in many of the Cuban food recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup large onion (sliced thin)
- 2⁄3 cup sour orange juice or 2⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- For the mojo, you will need a large bowl. In a large bowl, pour the sour orange juice or lime juice, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic and sliced onion into the bowl and stir.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high for 2 minutes, then when hot, pour olive oil into bowl. Be careful not to get burned, since some of it might splatter out.
- Mix the mojo ingredients, then let sit for 30 minutes.
We tried several different mojo recipes and decided to give this one a try. I used it to marinate chicken that we grilled. DH said to was good but liked the others we tried much better. DD didn't like it at all.