1/3 Photos of Cuban Garlic Chicken
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
This is straight from Havana, from a restaurant called "Gladys' House". Adapted from a recipe printed in the Chicago Tribune. You can find bottled sour orange juice in Hispanic markets or well-stocked Hispanic aisles in your local grocery store. Cook/prepare time includes marination time of one hour. I'm having a really hard time getting the first ingredient through the Zaar editor, but it's 2, 3-4 lb. chickens, cut into serving pieces
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 lbs whole chickens (2 3-4 lb. chicken, cut into pieces)
- 12 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sour orange juice (or 1/2 cup orange juice mixed with 1/2 cup lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1Place the chicken in a container large enough to hold all the pieces (I used an extra-large zip-loc bag).
- 2Combine the garlic, sour orange juice, salt, vinegar, pepper, oregano and cumin in a small bowl. pour the marinade evenly over the chicken; cover chicken (or close bag and smush it around); refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 3Heat oven to 450°. Arrange chicken in one layer in a roasting pan; pour the marinade evenly over the top of the chicken.
- 4Roast the chicken in the lower third of the oven, stirring during the last 10 minutes to coat with the sauce, until it is cooked through and the sauce begins to caramelize, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 5Remove the chicken to a platter, spoon garlic sauce over the pieces.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.6
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 1364.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 51.0 g