Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful one dish meal that the entire family will enjoy. Beautiful presentation with the yellow rice, green peas and red peppers.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow rice
- 1⁄2 lb frozen peas, do not thaw
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides until golden and almost done. Remove to a plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Pour water into skillet and add garlic. Bring to a boil and add rice and stir. Add chicken back to pan on top of rice and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon peas and roasted red pepper over top. Cover again and cook 3-5 more minutes.
My family loved this meal. It came out wonderful and they have already requested that I make it again soon. I didn't change anything about the recipe, but it was perfect just the way it is.
Excellent, reminded us of our trip to cuba! Used thighs instead of breasts, and put in raw orange, and yellow peppers instead! Will be added to our favourites. Thanks!
This came together really well. I used bone in breasts, so it took a while longer to cook, but the flavor was really good! Served with some good hot sauce!