Prep 12 hrs
Cook 37 mins
Cuban chicken with moros y cristianos
Make and share this Cuban Chicken With Moros Y Cristianos recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, mix the cumin, dried oregano and salt. Add a drop of olive oil to moisten the mix, then rub it over the chicken pieces, making sure all the surfaces of the chicken are coated. Leave for as long as you can, preferably overnight.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy-based metal casserole dish and put the chicken pieces in skin side down. Cook for 6-7 minutes on each side, until they are well bronzed.
- Lift the pieces out and put to one side. Turn the heat back up, toss the lardons, onion and garlic into the hot pan and give it a good stir. After 5 minutes, add the pepper and vinegar. Stir well for a minute before tipping in the rice.
- Season and mix in the black beans. Nestle all the chicken pieces into the rice, cover with chicken stock and put the lid on. Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat down immediately to the lowest setting.
- After 25 minutes it should all be ready (but always test the rice to make sure). Turn the heat off and let it stand with lid on for a further 5 minutes. Serve straight from the pan.