Easy and Great Tasting Chicken Dish! Serve with rice and add a salad and bread, and you are done! Add an extra breast and thigh for extra chicken. Can be made with boneless chicken breasts as well. If you like things a little more spicy, add some more cumin and cayenne to your black beans!
- 1 (3 lb) package chicken pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- tomato, chopped
- avocado, diced
- green onion, thinly sliced
- sour cream
- Pour 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Starting skin side down, brown chicken about 10 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Stir in beans, water, oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. Heat to boiling, stirring.
- Return chicken to skillet, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender, turning pieces occasionally. Stir in lime juice.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with tomatoes, avocados, green onions, and sour cream.