1/2 Photos of CUBAN CHICKEN STEW (Guisado De Pollo)
2 hrs 10 mins
Found on the net & posted in response to a request. Substitute rice for potatoes, if desired. After making this for the first time myself, I made some minor changes in the steps to improve the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the garlic, salt, pepper and paprika to a paste.
- 2Rub into the chickens thoroughly, inside and out.
- 3If possible, season the chickens the day before they are to be used.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a saucepan or casserole.
- 5Add the onions and saute for 5 - 15 minutes, stirring frequently; remove & set aside.
- 6Add the chicken pieces & brown well on all sides; remove & set aside.
- 7Pour the wine into the pot & deglaze, using a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom.
- 8Return the onions & chicken pieces to the saucepan along with the bay leaf.
- 9Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- 10Add small additional amounts of water if needed.
- 11Add the potatoes and stir gently.
- 12Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes
- 13Correct seasoning.
- 14Add the beans, olives, and pimentos and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- 15The flavour will be greatly improved if the stew is prepared early in the day and reheated before serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for CUBAN CHICKEN STEW (Guisado De Pollo)
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.9
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 966.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 29.2 g