Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can grill or bake them for a crowd. Marinate as many as you need over night. Serve them arranged in a spoke pattern around a green salad or fruit salad.
- 15 -16 chicken legs
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 15 garlic cloves, Chopped
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 -8 lemons, sliced for baking on top chicken
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry.
- Place the rest of the ingredients (except lemon slices) in a 2 1/2 gallon resealable plastic bag or large glass, plastic or ceramic or stainless steel bowl.
- Add the chicken legs.
- Seal or cover the bowl and let it marinate for a few hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 with rack in middle of oven or prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard the marinade.
- Bake the chicken on a large rimmed baking pan with the lemon slices scattered over the chicken until lightly browned and cooked through about 40 minutes.
- You can make the chicken ahead of time and store in fridge, they will keep for 24 hours; reheat them in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or serve them cold.
We enjoyed these moist and delicious chicken legs. I followed the recipe as is except that I only used 3 lemons sliced on top of the chicken legs. The only problem I encountered was that the chicken was not cooked through in 45 minutes. I don't think the legs were particularily large but they took over an hour to be done and they really don't get very brown although the lemons do pick up some colour. The juices that are left in the pan are exceptionally good. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe.