Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
From Mom's Test Kitchen blog --
Top Review by Satyne
Wow KUW, this is amazing! I let it marinate approx 24 hours (prepped night before) but forgot to put the lime in at that point, so added in right before cooking. The SMELL, it was driving me crazy I couldn't wait to eat it. Served per your suggestion on rice, put some saffron in it and used red kidney beans since I didn't have any black beans on hand. What a winner. Made for Photo tag Spring 2013.
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast (sliced, approximately 3 breasts)
- 3 limes (juice and zest)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- lime wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon sized zip bag or a large bowl with lid.
- In a medium bowl, combine all other ingredients for the marinade. Pour the marinade over the chicken and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the chicken until it is cooked through and no longer pink, and nicely browned outside.
- Garnish with lime wedges; serve with yellow rice and black beans.