This chicken is oh, so good! I like to use dark meat (legs prefferably, or thighs), but I'm sure that it would be good with leaner cuts if chicken as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chicken with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder (to taste).
- 2Meanwhile, heat a shallow pan over medium heat and add oil.
- 3Brown chicken in pan on both sides.
- 4Once chicken is browned, add in sofrito and turn chicken to coat all sides in the sauce. Reduce heat to a medium-low setting.
- 5With the side of a knife, crush olives and put into pan with chicken. Cook for about 15 minutes, turning chicken every few minutes until it is done.
- 6This is best served with white rice as you will have some of the sofrito mixture left over to put over your rice. YUM-O!
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.0
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 277.2 mg
- Sodium 5001.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 61.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: