1/1 Photo of Cuban Bread Kitchenaid
1 hr 30 mins
Excellent bread - very easy .Use a perforated french loaf pan for best results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. In mixer bowl dissolve yeast and sugar into warm water. Let the yeast proof until bubbly ( 5 plus minutes).
- 22.) Add 1 cup of flour and salt to bowl and mix with dough hook.
- 33.) While hook is going, keep adding flour a few Tb's at a time until a soft elastic dough is formed. You may use and the 3 cups of flour or more or less. After a soft dough ball has formed, let the machine knead for an additional 7 minutes.
- 44.) Stop mixer and let dough sit in bowl for 3 minutes.
- 55.) Form dough into ball and place in very lightly oiled bowl . Roll the ball around just so the oil is on the top of the bread. Cover with saran wrap and let rise , in a warm place, until doubled.
- 66.) Punch down dough and roll into a loaf approx 12 " long. Place loaf onto french loaf pan ( which has been sprayed with non-stick spray).
- 77.) Slash the top 3x and cover the loaf with saran wrap. Let rise for 10 minutes .
- 88.) Preheat oven ( by now i have already done this) to 400°F Place a bowl of boiling water on the bottom of the oven ( or on a lower shelf).
- 99.) Bake 25 - 35 minutes until loaves are golden brown.
- 1010.) Invert and cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Bread Kitchenaid
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 440.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.2 g