Recipe by Lanae Peterson
Yummy, inexpensive and makes tons!
Top Review by Missy Wombat
This recipe makes absolutely heaps and would be brilliant for a potluck or the like. I found that there was a lot of liquid and it was almost soupy in nature. Not sure if it was meant to be that way. Tastes great and I really enjoyed this meal.
- 1 lb dried black beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin (optional)
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice, for serving