Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I'm not sure if this authentic "Cuban", but Betty Crocker says it is, and who's gonna argue with her?
- 2 cups dried black beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups bell peppers, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, finely chopped (remove seeds, carefully)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooked rice
- Mix all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours, or until beans are tender.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Serve over rice.